Thursday, September 30, 2010

A dialogue within (III) | Soulspeak

Who am I and who are you?
Questions that are anything but new.
You are oft referenced, but seldom understood.
Do you stand for all that's good?!

'Good and bad are your labels,
I come from the land of fables.
Without a beginning, without an end -
can your mortal mind comprehend?
You and I are separate and yet not,

I am what you have always sought.'
'You confuse me with all this.
Are you saying you are the source of all bliss?
How are we separate; in what ways same?

"You are me", can I not claim?!'
'Try to think and you risk losing sight;
move away from me and you create this plight.
I am to be experienced, not deciphered.

I am the shepherd, you are the herd.
I am a fragment of the divine,
my voice is a Universal sign.
Just like the flame that belongs to a fire,
I am a part of consciousness higher.
But the flame unto itself is also whole,
so is complete every human soul.

Your 'I' is your ego; it makes you 'you,'
weaving reality around your worldview.
Ego keeps you distinct, but also separates;
creates conflicts with the 'others', your earthly mates.
I am your anchor, your link to all that IS,
the timeless connection that is never amiss.
Connect with me, see the miracle unfold;
at every step, your hand I will hold.
I have brought you forth and will take you back.
With soul by your side, there's nothing you lack.'

'Such profundity has come my way -
guide me, oh soul, night and day.
Lift my spirits, make me congruent and whole,
that I may retain the truth as I play my worldly role.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My favourite of the three! And the one I identify with the most.

For obvious reasons.:-)

Pratz said...

Nice :)

CC License

Creative Commons License
This work by Akanksha Thakore Srikrishnan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License