Thursday, September 30, 2010

A dialogue within (II) | Mind matters

'It's amazing how much you control me;
I want some peace, but you just won't let me be!
Pushing and pulling in every possible way,
you tire me out every single day.
Though you're in me, you have a life of your own;
I can't remember when these seeds I'd sown!'

'You sowed these seeds everytime you let me go -
Allowed me to turn from a friend into a foe.
I'm restless and fidgety and needed to be whacked.
But instead, my whims you merrily backed.
Even some loving discipline would've done,
but you let me recklessly run.
And so now I no longer ask;
My impulses I enticingly mask'.

'Entice you do, take me on many a manipulative trip,
until on my emotions I have zero grip.
You create fanciful worlds, complex games, and drama,
but heeding you creates such a hungama!
I want to take charge, give shape to my life,
not let your volatile swings fill me with strife.'

'You can do that, my dear', said my mind,
'Some stillness and solitude you must find.
Let me jump around while you sit and observe.
Be my master, let me serve.
Meditation and awareness will get you there,
absolute responsibility you must bear.
For left to me, I won't give up control;
you risk a burning heart, a crying soul.
So seize power, seize it now!
Show me who's the boss, make me bow.'

'Oh mind, I set off on this quest again!
This time though, not in vain.
The pursuit of mastery is an on-going one;
riddled with challenges, sprinkled with fun.
You shall aid my growth, not impede it.
I will keep you in check, agile and fit.
You are a worthy ally once I show you your place.
This unique relationship I hereby embrace.'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah! There is no limit to the extent to which that mind of yours can play truant, is there?:-)

Again, beautiful!

CC License

Creative Commons License
This work by Akanksha Thakore Srikrishnan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License