Wednesday, June 6, 2007

What is this all about?

I write, therefore I am.

Grrr...wish I could crumple that into a nondescript paper ball n throw it into the bin!

Tempted to try and think of the 'perfect' beginning to this blog...but like a zillion other times - I would've ended up waiting for eternity...coz there ain't no such thing as a 'perfect' beginning...or is it?

The truth is that I have begun. (Woah!) And that it has taken a lot for me to get here...no no, not those hours of searching for the 'perfect' name (there I go again!)...this is about all that went on inside my head before I got myself to blog.

'What's the big deal?!'

Sighhh...the scene is that with me (as you will gradually realise) even seemingly tiny things are big deals...well, call that magnified living if you please...anything but 'blowing it outta proportion'! I'm not, ok!

The truth is I don't know what is this all about...or do I?

I've always loved writing - to myself and others. But then, that was selective writing. For a selective audience. Not a public space where I'd put up a part of myself for others to see and comment on.

Ahhhh...there...now we're talking! Allow me to explain.

Too many questions - What will I write about? Who would read it? Would any one even want to read all of THAT? Am I writing only for someone to read it? Will what I write (and how) be driven by comments from friends and strangers? Have I learnt to deal with unsolicited judgements? Am I mature enough to detach myself from what happens once I press the 'Publish Post' Key? Or is it ok to be attached in the first place? What will this lead to? Does it even matter? Will I be consistent? Will I even begin?!!

Questions. Like the grass that spreads to make the garden its home - questions have flourished ever since I've let them into my life. My mind virtually swims in those of all kinds...naah, aint complaining...love them...well, most of them :)

Haan..so like I was saying - a lot has gone into the creation of this space (more on 'space' some other time) The question (again?!) now is - what is this all about?!

It's about me thinking out aloud. It's about me yearning to express. It's about a glimpse into my life. Into my mind. It's about a glimpse into your own. It's about things you may never have thought of. It's about those which you always had on your mind. It's about listening to a new voice. It's about realising that the voice is actually within you. It's about indulging in the abstract. About engaging in pseduo-philosophy. It's about drawing out meaning from meaninglessness. It's about wanting to reach out. About wanting to scream out n say to the world 'Hell, life can be way better than this!' It's about offerring a sneak peak into a dream life. It's about showing that there are other ways. About realising that there is no need to show anyone anything. It's about me blabbering on and on. It's about you reading all of THAT.

It's about you. It's about me. More about me I guess (How does it matter?! Errr...mebbe it does)

So...looks like we are headed somewhere aren't we... ;)

Cheers to a new beginning!

P.S - I'm excited! :D

14 comments:

Sirpy said...

You love the grass that spreads your home...?

Anand - zaphod said...

existentialism central!

Vasanth Adithya J said...

akanksha is an aphrodite!! she swindles her thought like a web and throws it at once... much like spiderman... AWESOME!!!

blessings
adi

Chintan Buddhadev said...

Akku u actually make me want to write... as reading wht u write makes me think it is so nice to see wht u think!!!!
And telling it to people (selective people) by making them read what you think!!!
Amazing Philosophy che!!!!!!!
Al smiles che!!!!!!!
Chintan

Prerna said...

Aanh, the one thought of a 'first post' spread over an entire post itself! Me likes! :D
Great to see you blogging! And to add to that almost 'perfect' list, your blog is probably what you want to share with those reading. I hope you're a sharing-caring girl :P ok, just blog-on..thats it!

Cheers \m/, (+.+) ,\m/

Abhi! said...

hello :-) saw ur post just now.. Gusshow !

Swati Chawla said...

I loved this bit: like the grass that spreads to make the garden its home. :-)
And yes, I loved the rest of it too, Akanksha.
I would like to answer one of the questions you posed for yourself, if I (arrogant me!) may- I think all form of expression in the search for a listener. We do, even in diary entries, write to be read (even if it's by someone imagined/imaginary).
Great beginning and looking forward to reading more.
And thanks! Your blog has got me one step closer to starting one myself- I have procrastinated for too long too.

Mayank Jha said...

All of THAT is nice :)

Welcome to the blogging world! Better late than never! Cya around :)

PS: Its the spirit (pun intended) which makes the beginning perfect :)

Rajat said...

Welcome to blogging gal, and I must say that you have a way with words!!
Keep up d work (if u get time tht is...Lolzzz)

c ya...

Pratz said...

Was waiting for this blog......welcome.......and yeah super display pic......happy bloggin!!!

Amit Gajakosh said...

cool re ..nice one...i wud rate this one 8 on 10...1 suggestion is make ur make language more simple re for reader to read..as far as i m concerned u r going great guns...chaoo

Unknown said...

i love the way you express yourself !
So do us a favour and keep on writing .

PG said...

Will someone please tell me how to get people to leave comments on my attempt at blogging? Are my friends just lazy or not interested in commentary?

P.S. Love the look of your blog, especially that picture.

Anonymous said...

it feels as if tirllions of words are trying to find da peerfact permutatoin so as to reveal da truth itself. lot of thoughts.... many questions n some ans too... u seen to be on a journey to eternity.. in search of divine light.

CC License

Creative Commons License
This work by Akanksha Thakore Srikrishnan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License